Plans and pricing
Clusters are billed according to the amount of time they're provisioned in a given month, prorated to the second. While prices on this page are quoted for the cost of an entire month, you will only be billed that amount if your cluster is provisioned for the entire month.
Pricing varies based on:
- Instance size
Below you will find the pricing by instance size for the East region of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
You can use the interactive pricing calculator to estimate the cost of a cluster.
Crunchy Bridge offers three tiers of databases -- Hobby, Standard, and Memory -- to cover a variety of use cases.
- Hobby tier runs on lower quality underlying infrastructure, does not include PgBouncer, and is not intended for production usage. Cluster health monitoring and audit logging of Hobby tier instances are provided on a best-effort basis. Support is included on a best-effort basis, and no SLA is offered.
- Standard tier provides a good balance of cores and memory balance and is intended for production usage.
- Memory-optimized tier has a higher ratio of memory to cores, is intended for production usage, and may be better for SaaS workloads where a larger amount of data is kept in memory. These can only be provisioned on AWS.
High availability (HA) is available on any tier/plan and doubles the cluster price.
See the tables below for details about each tier and plan.
- Hobby instances can be provisioned with a maximum of 100GB storage.
- Hobby instances have burstable vCPUs. Utilization in excess of the CPU baseline shown below will deplete available vCPU credits, leading to CPU usage being constrained to the baseline. This may appear as a sudden downgrade in performance with no other cause.
- Cluster health monitoring and audit logging of Hobby tier instances are provided on a best-effort basis.
- No SLA applies to Hobby instances.
|Plan||Cores||Memory||CPU Baseline||Burst IOPs (AWS only)||PG Versions||Providers||PgBouncer||Support||Price/month|
|Hobby-0||2||512MB||5%||11,800||PG15 only||AWS only||❌||⚠️ Best effort||$9.00|
|Hobby-1||2||1GB||10%||11,800||PG15 only||AWS only||❌||⚠️ Best effort||$18.00|
|Hobby-2||2||2GB||20%||11,800||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||❌||⚠️ Best effort||$35.00|
|Hobby-4||2||4GB||20%||11,800||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||❌||⚠️ Best effort||$70.00|
|Hobby-8||2||8GB||30%||11,800||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||❌||⚠️ Best effort||$140.00|
|Hobby-16||4||16GB||40%||15,700||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||❌||⚠️ Best effort||$280.00|
|Plan||Cores||Memory||Burst IOPs (AWS only)||PG Versions||Providers||PgBouncer||Support||Price/month|
|Standard-8||2||8GB||40,000||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||✅||✅||$140.00|
|Standard-16||4||16GB||40,000||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||✅||✅||$280.00|
|Standard-32||8||32GB||40,000||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||✅||✅||$560.00|
|Standard-64||16||64GB||40,000||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||✅||✅||$1,120.00|
|Standard-128||32||128GB||40,000||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||✅||✅||$2,240.00|
|Standard-192||48||192GB||60,000||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||✅||✅||$3,360.00|
|Standard-384||96||384GB||78,000||PG12-15||AWS, Azure, GCP||✅||✅||$6,720.00|
Memory-optimized tier (AWS only)
|Plan||Cores||Memory||Burst IOPs||PG Versions||Providers||PgBouncer||Support||Price/month|
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
|Asia Pacific (Tokyo)|
|Asia Pacific (Mumbai)|
|Asia Pacific (Singapore)|
|Asia Pacific (Sydney)|
|Canada Central (Montréal)|
|Europe Central (Frankfurt)|
|Europe North (Stockholm)|
|Europe South (Milan)|
|Europe West (Ireland)|
|Europe West (London)|
|Europe West (Paris)|
|South America (São Paulo)|
|US East (N. Virginia)|
|US East (Ohio)|
|US West (N. California)|
|US West (Oregon)|
|Australia East (NSW)|
|Australia Southeast (Victoria)|
|Canada Central (Toronto)|
|Central US (Iowa)|
|East US (Virginia)|
|North Europe (Ireland)|
|South Central US (Texas)|
|West US (California)|
|West US 2 (Washington)|
Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
|Asia Northeast 1 (Tokyo)|
|Asia South 1 (Mumbai)|
|Asia Southeast 1 (Singapore)|
|Asia Southeast 2 (Jakarta)|
|Australia Southeast 1 (Sydney)|
|Europe North 1 (Finland)|
|Europe West 1 (Belgium)|
|Europe West 3 (Frankfurt)|
|Europe West 4 (Netherlands)|
|North America Northeast 1 (Montreal)|
|North America Northeast 2 (Toronto)|
|US Central 1 (Iowa)|
|US East 4 (Virginia)|
|US West 1 (Oregon)|
Storage is an additional $0.10 per GB to the total rate per month.
Example - AWS US East Standard-8 instance with 100 GB storage:
$140.00 + $0.10 * 100 = $150.00/month
AWS Storage details
For AWS the underlying storage leverages GP2 disks. This storage provides both:
- A sustained IOPS level
- Burst capabilities to the max allowed of your instance
Sustained IOPS translate to your storage size provisioned, at a rate of 3 IOPS per 1 GB of storage. As an example a 1TB disk would have roughly 3k IOPS.
All storage is provisioned at a rate of 3 IOPS per 1 GB. For sustained usage. All instances receive a burst capacity of their maximum amount of IOPS per the instance type. For burst IOPS the limit relates to the instance that is provisioned. You can see the exact level in the tiers section above.
A few examples to highlight IO performance:
Hobby-4 with 100 GB disk
- Sustained IOPS of 300
- Burst capability of 17,500 IOPS
Standard-32 with 2 TB disk
- Sustained IOPS of 6,144
- Burst capability of 18,750 IOPS
Migrating Your Database to Crunchy Bridge
Existing databases can be migrated to Crunchy Bridge from a number of cloud Postgres providers, including Amazon, Azure, Google Cloud, and Heroku.
Contact us or open a support ticket if you would like additional details about migrating your existing database.